A large pharmacy group needed a new website & wanted to improve the efficiency of their internal communications. They really wanted a partner for all things online rather than just a web agency. After developing a front-end (public-facing) website for them, they then commissioned us to build an intranet in the back-end of the website.
The challenges faced with the public-facing website were mainly down to taking their existing bold, brave, and green branding and creating a design that looked great and modern but also didn’t alienate older customers. The issue with the current website was that newer customers weren’t getting a contemporary experience and that meant potential revenue loss.
The challenges with building the intranet were creating an intuitive intranet and getting the buy-in from the staff members who’d need to use it as a result. Up until that point, they’d been using third-party software like Dropbox and GoogleDrive, which wasn’t efficient across multiple pharmacies, nor was it as secure. There were issues of keeping important company documents and assets across multiple different platforms, i.e. Google Drive, Sharepoint. It’s hard at that point for team members to understand which the most recent document was without inefficient searching across multiple software platforms.
They also wanted to centralise end of month processes, make sure pharmacies had up to date medicine prices without sending bulk emails, and places where the staff could accessing training easily, amongst other things.
Pharmacy Mentor first re-designed the older public-facing website. We delivered a modern website design that still retained the “feel” of the brand. This built a lot of trust with the pharmacy group as a result of the work we did here. So much so that they asked us to create the back-end of the website for them.
- The CRM we created in the intranet has forums, allowing for quick company-wide messaging and feedback.
- It also has a cloud-storage solution, meaning no more third-party software for important company assets and documents.
- The whole system was created with ease-of-use as a priority, to get maximum buy-in from the staff.
- It allows for all staff to access training easily.
- It allows dispensed to upload month-end via intuitive forms.
- All communication is now centralised rather than sending emails and WhatsApp’s, where things get lost.
- They have “group forums” for all types of situations, for example, “Out of Stock Medicines” and “Pre-reg students”.
- The solution is flexible to allow for any 3rd party integrations like Mailchimp Newsletters or Hubspot.
- The solution is mobile friendly so that staff can access it on the go.
- The solution has in-built HR mechanisms to support holidays/sick leave and other requests
The pharmacy group can now share information company-wide, and get feedback from every single member of staff. This allows the headquarters to coordinate far easier, with much simpler management of multiple branches. It also means a more holistic experience for employees, with a system that doesn’t require much training.
This second project was a lot more involved but has been a huge success since its launch a few months ago and all company members are active on the platform. Feedback has been that team members find it far easier to get the important info they need.
Want to create a cutting-edge pharmacy website with us? Simply get in touch with us and we’ll be glad to help.