This pharmacy has had one of the best digital starts we’ve seen in the history of launching websites at Pharmacy Mentor. They opted for a UPW system and after 3-months, it has truly changed the way they do business. Let’s explore.
P.s. We created this video using A.I. – what do you think?
About This Pharmacy
This pharmacy is a leading healthcare provider located in the heart of their community offering a range of NHS and private services. The pharmacist himself is an Independent Prescriber. Despite having a strong offline presence, the pharmacy faced significant challenges when it came to digital accessibility and e-commerce capabilities.
The pharmacy owner is forward-thinking and knows the importance of digitising his service offering. However, he needed the right partners to help him get to where he wanted to go.
Prior to engaging with our agency, the pharmacy had an outdated website that failed to meet the modern needs of their business and patients. The key challenges included:
- Lack of Online Booking System: Patients could not book clinical services online, forcing them to rely on inconvenient phone bookings or walk-ins.
- Inefficient POM Sales Channel: The absence of an online sales channel for prescription-only medicines meant a loss of potential revenue and increased operational and administrational burden. As the pharmacist himself is an Independent Prescriber, this was a key focus of theirs.
- User Experience: The previous website was poorly optimised for mobile, lacked intuitive navigation, and had no clear focus on the private services and products the pharmacy wanted to emphasise.
Following a discovery consultation with our Growth Team and our CEO, we immediately recognised what solution would be the best fit for the pharmacy owner. As a pharmacist-led organisation, we deeply understand the complexities within pharmacy operations, and the regulations that surround them.
Understanding the need for a complete overhaul, our agency employed the UPW solution – a purpose-built website designed to revolutionise pharmacy operations and patient accessibility. The new website features:
- Online Booking for Clinical Services: A seamless, user-friendly interface allows patients to book their appointments for clinical services online, streamlining the patient intake process. The booking system is fully customisable with the ability to add risk assessment questions and take payment online.
- Online POM Sales: The UPW solution integrated a secure, compliant, and effective online ordering system for prescription-only medicines, ensuring the Independent Prescriber could review orders online and have them dispensed by the pharmacist in their store.
- Optimized for Conversions: Through a meticulous process of A/B testing and analytics assessment, we optimised the website for the private services and products that this pharmacy wanted to promote from the get-go.
The ultimate pharmacy website (UPW) has many, many more features that have not been explained in this case, but you can review them here. The pharmacy owner has a keen digital eye already and therefore the training and setup process was smooth. Before launch, we optimised a few particular products highly in terms of SEO to ensure they got off to the best performing start.
Within just three months of the website’s launch, the impact has been nothing short of transformative:
- 300 Bookings: The pharmacy generated over 300 bookings for their private services, highlighting the effectiveness of the online booking system.
- Over £18,000 in Revenue per month: In the last 30 days alone, the pharmacy has generated over £18,293 in revenue from the sale of only two high-demand POM products, through the website alone. This doesn’t account for people walking into the pharmacy because of finding them online.
- Enhanced User Experience: Though not quantified, the streamlined and intuitive interface has undoubtedly contributed to increased patient satisfaction and engagement.
The products that we paid particular attention to have driven a significant number of clicks and impressions organically, appearing on page 1 of Google for particular in-demand searches.
This is only just the beginning of our journey with this innovative pharmacy. They have so much potential to grow with this solution, and we’re not even close to maximising the marketing. The online route is a journey, but a journey worth taking with the right dedication. Your “online” community pharmacy is just as powerful as your physical pharmacy.
Ready to take your pharmacy to the next level?
Book for a demo of our UPW with one of our Growth Specialists and let’s start driving revenue from all angles: