The Ultimate Pharmacy First Digital Checklist
The Pharmacy First Scheme is a pivotal and proactive approach to managing common ailments and promoting public health within our communities. It is vital to align your pharmacy’s marketing strategies to this proactive approach for patients to find and utilise the services you now offer. This may seem daunting and time-consuming, but our team at Pharmacy Mentor are here to help you. We have composed the ultimate Pharmacy First Digital Checklist to help you deliver the service faster and reach more patients.
Pharmacy First Digital Checklist
In the evolving land of healthcare, digital optimisation has become essential for pharmacies to effectively market and manage schemes like Pharmacy First in England. This guide provides pharmacy owners with actionable strategies to enhance their online presence and streamline operations through various digital tools and platforms.
The first thing pharmacy owners need to look at is their own website, their digital pharmacy home, as this where everything will stem from.
- Develop a New Website Banner: Create an eye-catching banner that prominently features the Pharmacy First scheme to grab visitors’ attention and communicate the pharmacy’s participation in the program.
- Develop a Pharmacy First Landing Page: Design a dedicated landing page for Pharmacy First, integrating a booking calendar embed for easy appointment scheduling by patients.
- Develop Condition-Specific Pages: Create individual pages for each Pharmacy First condition, embedding booking calendars to facilitate appointment bookings directly from the respective condition pages.
- Website Pop-up: Implement a website pop-up to highlight Pharmacy First benefits, services offered, and encourage visitors to book appointments or explore the scheme further.
- Add Live Chat Feature: Incorporate a live chat feature to provide real-time assistance to website visitors, answering queries related to Pharmacy First eligibility, services, and appointment bookings.
Online Booking Calendar
The next item to look at is your booking calendar (embedded within your website). This is going to be essential in streamlining your operations and saving time for you along this scheme.
- Categorise Pharmacy First: Integrate Pharmacy First as a distinct category in the online booking calendar, allowing patients to easily identify and schedule appointments under the scheme.
- Service Pages for Conditions: Create separate service pages for each Pharmacy First condition, providing detailed information and embedding the booking calendar for seamless appointment booking.
- PGD Questions for Data Capture: Utilise Pre-Registration Questionnaires within the booking system to capture patient data efficiently, saving time during appointments and ensuring compliance with Pharmacy First requirements.
- Integration with Video Conferencing: Integrate video conferencing platforms like Zoom or Google Hangouts within the booking system for remote consultations, enhancing accessibility and convenience for patients.
- Delivery and Payment Options: Provide options for home delivery of medications and flexible payment methods through the online booking system to accommodate patient preferences.
- Automatic Feedback Mechanism: Integrate an automatic feedback mechanism within the booking system to collect patient feedback post-appointment, enabling continuous improvement of services and maximising social proofing.
Bookmarking Essential Sites
Bookmark essential websites such as PharmaOutcomes, NHS Profile Editor, CPPE, and others mentioned in the above guide, ensuring quick access to valuable resources related to the implementation and management of the Pharmacy First Scheme. Create a folder in chrome now and bookmark those important websites and tools:
Social Media Activity
Establish, maintain and optimise active profiles on platforms like:
- Google Business – This channel is particularly important as people will begin to use Google Maps as a Search Tool
This will help you to engage with the local community, share updates about Pharmacy First, and attract potential patients.
Other Useful Apps
Utilise apps like Google Hangouts/Zoom for virtual consultations, BNF for medication information, MD Calc for medical calculations, Drugs.com for drug information, and others to enhance pharmacy services and support Pharmacy First implementation.
Download the Pharmacy First Digital Checklist
By implementing the strategies outlined in this Pharmacy First Digital Checklist, pharmacy owners can effectively market their participation in the scheme, streamline appointment bookings, and enhance patient engagement and satisfaction. Embracing digital optimisation not only strengthens the pharmacy’s online presence but also facilitates efficient management of Pharmacy First services, ultimately benefiting both the pharmacy and their patients.
Please note we can also provide support and guidance for marketing the Common Ailments Scheme in Wales. Contact us to find out more.